Choosing between canvas and framed wall art prints depends on your personal preferences, the style of your space, and the overall aesthetic you want to achieve. Here are some factors to consider:
The biggest difference is cost. Specially when you get into large and very large prints. Framing can cost more than the print, and they are harder to hang because of their weight. But they do have a classic appeal. Consider the following for your wall art selection.
- Aesthetic Appeal: Canvas wall art prints provide a more contemporary and modern look, while framed prints offer a classic and traditional feel. Consider which style better complements your existing decor and the vibe you want to create.
- Space and Size: Consider the size of the wall where you plan to display the art. Larger canvas wall art prints can make a bold statement, while framed prints can add elegance without taking up as much wall space.
- Subject Matter: Certain types of images may work better on canvas or framed prints. For example, landscapes and abstract art often look great on canvas, while portraits and fine art photography might suit framed prints.
- Maintenance: Canvas prints are generally easier to clean and maintain, as they can be wiped down with a soft cloth. Framed prints might require more attention to keep the glass or acrylic covering clean and free from smudges.
- Texture and Finish: Canvas prints offer a textured surface that can add depth and dimension to the image. Framed prints, on the other hand, can be paired with different types of glass or acrylic that may affect the viewing experience.
- Cost: Canvas prints tend to be more affordable, especially for larger sizes, compared to framed prints which involve additional materials and labor for framing.
- Personal Preference: Ultimately, your personal taste and style should guide your decision. Consider which option resonates with you more and complements your overall design aesthetic.
- Flexibility: If you like changing your decor often, canvas prints can be a more versatile option since they can be easily swapped out without the need for additional framing.
Remember that there’s no right or wrong choice; it’s about what feels right for you and your space. You could also mix and match both canvas and framed prints for a diverse and interesting wall arrangement.
We offer all styles of wall art to chose from. Click here to view the gallery
If you love dogs visit our sister site here